These days, Rashesh Shrestha (UW, Madison) and I are going through a phase where we muster the energy to formalize our discussions in the form of writing. Here are some of my (our, rather) recent articles / op-eds in the media about things we feel strongly about:
1. Lessons from diaspora: Op-ed in MyRepublica during the Nepal earthquake about lessons from the diaspora Nepali community about most effective ways to get involved.
2. Stop Child Labor in Nepal: Op-ed in FairObserver on the occasion of World Day Against Child Labor about possible policy related solutions to tackle the problem of child labor in Nepal. [A version of this article will appear for East Asia Forum]
3. Embracing adversity: Op-ed in MyRepublica about possible policy oriented solutions to mobilize internal resources for rebuilding and reconstruction efforts after the Nepal earthquake.
4. Thank you for the reality check: Article in LaLit Magazine venting my frustration at Nepal Embassy's incompetency.
5. Not Everyone is Happy about Nepal's new constitution: Op-ed in FairObserver on the different parties at odds with Nepal's new constitution.
6. Mental Health: Pause and Think Op-ed in the Himalayan Times on the state of mental health policy in Nepal.